Five Considerations before Beginning a Renovation Project of a Church Facility
1) Before you select a contractor, ask for recent audited financial statements. Experienced contractors are accustomed to providing this information, and will not object to sharing this information with you.
2) Ask the contractor for a surety bond. This can be important because a surety bond can make certain that the contractor is financially insured to complete the project. It is also important to note that in some states that contractors are required to be bonded in order to have a Contractor License.
3) Ask questions. This may seem that it goes without saying, but make certain that all of your questions and concerns are addressed before beginning the renovation project. It is certainly easier to address these issues in the beginning before they become a major problem at a later date or during construction.
4) Ask the prospective contractor for their three to five year history of construction volume. Just as a lack of business can be problem, many construction companies likewise have experienced financial difficulties because they have grown too rapidly.
5) Select a contractor with experience in renovating projects of similar size and style. Check the contractor’s references and make certain that they are well known in their trade, along with satisfied customers.
These are Five Considerations before Beginning a Renovation Project of a Church Facility that we hope are useful as you begin your renovation project. Renovation projects can be a stressful time for all concerned, however they can also be an exciting time for the church congregation and the history of the church.